Turkey is not only delicious when roasted whole. Just like chicken, you may also grill it in parts, specially its breasts. Turkey breasts are meaty, juicy and tender, too! You can grill it boneless or with the bone in. You can roast it right away or smoke it first to give it a twist. You can cook it directly over the heat or wrap it with aluminum foil to make the flavors sink in better. To help you serve perfectly cooked turkey breasts, here are some tips we have compiled for you!
1. Cook turkey breasts over medium heat regardless if they are boneless or the otherwise.
2. For both boneless and bone-in breasts, the recommended temperature is 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. To avoid sticking, you can use a marinade that has oil in it or simply brush oil on the grates. Light vegetable oil, canola and olive oil are great choices.
4. Direct grilling is perfect for both boneless and bone-in turkey breasts. If you want to get more juice out of it (for your gravy) or let it soak in its natural flavors (to make it tastier), you may also grill it indirectly by wrapping it with aluminum foil.
5. When grilling, refrain from poking the turkey breasts with fork or knife because their juices will seep out. Use a tong when flipping them over.
6. Turkey browns fast on the grill just as any other poultry meat does. It is good practice to use a thermometer to determine if it’s already cooked.
7. When using sweet sauce, only brush the meat when it is almost done. Sweet ingredients such as sugar burn fast on direct heat and may give your barbecue a bitter taste.
8. Don’t flip your turkey breasts often. Let it cook on each side for about 10 to 15 minutes depending on their size.
9. To make your meat flavorful, you can marinade, brine or rub it. For best results, prepare it a day before grilling time and leave it marinated in the fridge. Take it out and let it stay in room temperature for at least an hour before putting it on the grill.
We hope that these tips on how to roast turkey breast in your La Caja China are helpful enough. Also check out our grilled turkey breast recipe and guide on how to roast a turkey for more tips. And remember, you’ll serve the tastiest grilled dishes by using only the best barbecue grill in town. Call us at 1-800-338-1323 or visit our website to get your La Caja China now.
Learn how to roast a whole turkey the right way. Watch this video and get tips from Gordon Ramsay!