A turkey roast is popularly served during Thanksgiving and Christmas. If there’s no occasion and you just want to enjoy the juicy and flavorful goodness of this white meat, you can always just go for turkey breasts. Preparing and grilling them isn’t as laborious as roasting a whole turkey. You just have to make a delicious marinade, leave the breasts soaked for several hours and cook them on your La Caja China. Here’s a finger-licking recipe you’ll love.
* 2 teaspoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 4 whole cloves
* 2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
* 1 ¼ garlic cloves, peeled and minced
* 3 pounds turkey breast, halved and boneless
1. Get a small mixing bowl and combine the minced garlic, finely chopped basil and ground black pepper. Rub this mixture on your turkey breasts. Once done, get the cloves and insert each of these into one end and at the center of the turkey breasts. Overall, there should be two cloves per piece of the turkey meat. Set them aside.
2. Now get a shallow dish that’s large enough to hold the rest of the ingredients. Combine the brown sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce and vegetable oil. Mix them thoroughly to create an even sauce. Put the turkey breasts into the dish and coat them all. Make sure that no spot is left uncoated. Cover the dish with plastic (or lid if it has one) and put it in the fridge. Let the meat stay soaked for at least 4 hours.
3. When the time is almost up and the turkey breasts are ready for grilling, prepare your La Caja China. Put the ash pan and charcoal grid in place. Light up your charcoals and after 20 minutes, they should be bright orange.
4. Get your turkey breasts out of the refrigerator. Remove the marinade and put the turkey on the grill. Let each side cook for about 15 minutes until they reach your desired temperature. The recommended internal temp is 170 degrees.
We hope that you loved this grilled turkey breast recipe we shared today. Also learn how to roast a turkey in whole by checking out our article guide. If you want to add variety to your dinner menu, try our grilled fish recipe, chicken kebab recipes or lechon asado recipe! They are all equally delicious! And remember, only grill your food using the best barbecue grill in town! Call us now at 1-800-338-1323 and we’ll help you choose the right roasting box for your needs!
Roasting a pig today? Learn how to get that extra crispy skin that everybody loves! Watch our video to get awesome tips!