Not everyone loves oysters and that’s really not surprising at all. They’re slimy when raw and sometimes gooey when cooked the wrong way. And we guess it’s that texture that sometimes drives people away. However, if you cook them on the grill and use the right ingredients to make them flavorful, even your picky kids will love them! Here’s a grilled oysters recipe you should definitely cook at home! We found this from the Food Network and tweaked it a little to make it suitable for cooking on your La Caja China.
* 24 pieces shucked oysters, half of each shell reserved
* ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon hot sauce
* 1 teaspoon fresh chives, minced
* 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, minced
* 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
* 10 tablespoons softened butter, unsalted
1. Get a mixing bowl and combine the softened butter, parmesan cheese, parsley leaves, lemon juice, garlic, fresh chives, hot sauce, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir the ingredients and once distributed all throughout the mixture, transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap. Using the wrap, roll the butter mixture up. Freeze it until it is firm.
2. When it’s firm and you’re ready to grill, prepare your La Caja China. The oysters won’t be cooked for so long so you just need the coals lit up right away. When it’s ready, start prepping your oysters.
3. Place the clean oyster shells on top of a baking sheet. Put an oyster meat in each of the shells. Now get the butter out of the freezer and remove the plastic wrap. Slice the log butter into 24 pieces and put each of the slices on top of an oyster.
4. Put the oysters on the grill and leave them there until they’re perfectly cooked. They should look curled along the edges. The butter, meanwhile, should have already melted. After approximately 4 to 6 minutes, they should all be done.
We hope that these grilled oysters will bring joy to your outdoor seafood barbecue. Also try cooking our grilled clams and grilled fish recipe if you want variety on your dishes. For side dish, dessert and drink suggestions, check out our clambake menu and grilled seafood menu blogs! Last but not the least, remember to cook your food using only the best barbecue grill while taking note of these barbecuing seafood tips! If you still don’t have a magic box, call us at 1-800-338-1323!
Find out how you can get a 10% discount on your next La Caja China purchase! Watch our video now!