If you love barbecue, then we’re pretty sure that a Texas brisket is among your favorite grilled dishes. Like the whole roasted hog or the famous baby back ribs, who would ever say no to a smoky, juicy and flavorful beef that’s crusty on the outside yet tender on the inside?! Definitely no one! Anyway, we believe we have shared a brisket recipe before but that involved ready-to-use barbecue sauce and rub. And so we thought we should share a traditional recipe from Bobby Flay’s show this time that will make you concoct the rub on your own. We just tweaked this recipe a little bit so that you can cook it using your La Caja China! Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
* 6-pound beef brisket
* 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
* 2 tablespoons onion powder
* ¼ cup salt
* 2 tablespoons garlic powder
* ¼ cup black pepper
* 2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
* ¾ cup paprika
* ¼ cup dark brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
* 20 pounds charcoal
1. Your meat should be thawed properly. If it’s fresh, take it out of the refrigerator at least one hour before cooking time. If it’s frozen, you should thaw it in the fridge two days before the event. Get it out of the appliance, again, an hour prior to BBQ.
2. Prepare you meat by rinsing it well with tap water. Get rid of the excess fat which is usually about a quarter to an eighth of an inch. Make sure that your knife is sharp enough so that you won’t damage the meat.
3. In a bowl, combine all the spices, sugar and salt. You have to ensure that all ingredients are blended well together so that the flavors are distributed evenly. Once done, apply the rub to your brisket. Massage the meat a little bit for it to absorb the flavors and don’t leave any area without any spice.
4. Prep your La Caja China! Set up the dripping pan and the ash pan. Place 20 pounds of charcoal on the grid and light them up. After about 20 minutes, they should all be burning. Spread them evenly on the grid, leaving just a space in one end where you will cool the meat down for later.
5. Safely position your brisket on the preheated grill that’s about 194 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit. After an hour, add two pounds of coal. Spread them evenly once again.
6. Cook for an hour and remove the pan. Test your meat’s temperature. Once it reaches 180 degrees, you can already set the meat aside on the cooler side of the grill and let alone to cool down. Otherwise, keep adding 2 pounds of charcoal every hour until the recommended temp is reached. Cooling the meat usually takes about 30 minutes. Once time is up, you can go ahead and slice your Texas brisket!
We hope that your loved ones will find this Texas brisket recipe truly delectable. Check out our roasted hog, clam bake and ribs recipe too for an awesome barbecue party! And to guarantee that these dishes are cook to perfection, get the best bbq griller in town! Visit La Caja China’s website or call us at 1-800-338-1323 and we’ll help you pick out the roasting box that’s suitable for your needs!
Want to get a 10% discount on your next La Caja China purchase? Watch our video to find out how!