Chickens are among the food items that people love grilling in our La Caja China roasting boxes! We even have a rotisserie kit if you feel like cooking your fowl old school style. You just need the right marinade and easy-to-follow cooking instructions to make the finished product truly mouthwatering! Anyway, we all have experienced cooking more than enough for our loved ones and guests. Sometimes, we overestimate how much food is actually needed for the get-together that we end up having a lot of leftovers. Avoid such a scenario and make sure that your dishes are served in the right amounts. After all, times are hard and it’s not really a good practice to waste food. So if you have more than enough chicken for your family, don’t worry. Use some of the meat for your salad! Here’s a light, refreshing and nutritious recipe that you should try!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and halved
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup lime juice
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium-sized yellow pepper, cut into an inch
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1. Get a small mixing bowl and combine pepper, salt, honey, olive oil and lime juice together. Transfer a third of the mixture into a plastic bag like Ziplock. Put your fresh chicken breasts into the bag; shake it a little to make sure that everything’s well-coated. Refrigerate it for a minimum of 1 hour to allow the flavors of the marinade to sink in to the meat. For best results, you can marinate overnight. Meanwhile, use the rest of the mixture for the salad dressing.
2. One hour before cooking time, get your chicken breasts out of the fridge. Drain them and thaw for grilling. Make sure that your La Caja China is already fired up. Grill your meat for 5 minutes on each side or until the meat thermometer shows 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Get your salad bowl and mix together all the salad greens, blueberries, yellow pepper and watermelon. Pour in the remaining lime juice dressing and toss the ingredients to equally distribute the flavors. Slice your chicken breasts into reasonable sizes. You can serve them on plates with the salad or cube and toss them into the bowl too. Once done tossing, sprinkle the salad with about 4 teaspoons of chopped, toasted walnuts.
Hoping you’ll enjoy this chicken salad recipe! Find out delicious recipes and simple cooking instructions from our blog site! If you want to cook up the best barbecue for your family, get our barbecue grills, bbq smokers, grill replacement part and trademark sauces! Visit our website or call us at 1-800-338-1323!
Learn all about the history of our magic box! Watch our video now!