There’s no better way to spend weekends with the family than hosting an enjoyably delicious barbecue party. And how will you ensure that everyone’s happy when it’s over? It’s pretty simple! Take your La Caja China roasting box out in the yard and grill a mouth-watering prime rib! Your get-together will surely end up as a memorable culinary feast! So before you put your barbecuing skills to test this weekend, let us share with you some awesome tips to help!
1. They say a prime rib is best enjoyed when it is crusty on the outside and tender on the inside. Do you agree? We sure do. Remember to get only the freshest rib from the meat shop or specialty store you trust. A prime rib, also known to many as the standing rib roast, is simply one of the nine beef primal cuts, located just above the plate, right before the loin.
2. Just like grilling other types of meat, the flavor of your rib will intensify if you’ll let it sit in your fridge, marinated in your choice of sauce. The longer the hours, the more flavorful it will become.
3. Now if you’re ready to cook the meat, take it out of the fridge and let it sit in room temperature for one to two hours, considering its size. Doing so will ensure that it’s going to get evenly cooked.
4. Do you know that you can choose to grill it directly or indirectly? You can also smoke it if you want to add a twist to your barbecue. You can use your La Caja China barbecue smoker or you can just add natural wood like cherry, apple or mesquite in the grill.
5. Don’t forget to use your thermometer to check the meat’s temp. Prime rib can be cooked rare (140 F), medium rare (145 F), medium (160 F) or well-done (170 F).
6. Once the rib is cooked, don’t serve it yet. Just let it sit for 20 minutes or so before carving it. Why? Well, if you slice it too soon, it might actually lose its juiciness.
7. When carving your prime rib, ensure that your knife is sharp. You surely do not want your meat to lose its plating appeal, right? Carve out the ribs first for you to measure the actual thickness of every slice. Serve with mashed potatoes or any side dish you like, and oh, don’t forget the red wine! Enjoy!
We hope that you liked our cooking prime rib tips! For delicious grilling recipes, visit our blog site frequently! And if you still don’t have your own La Caja China, check out our array of hog roasters, barbecue grills accessories and pig roaster parts by visiting our website or calling us at 1-800-338-1323!
Want to learn how to slow roast a prime rib? Watch this video!