Who doesn’t love baby back ribs? Just imagine a couple or more on your plate, smelling oh-so-great, looking oh-so-mouth-watering. You get your fork and knife and begin to slice a piece of the deliciously grilled meat. One stick of your fork and you realize it’s so darn tender and juicy, the bones literally fall off. Hmmmmm! What a treat! Baby back ribs are truly among the most popular stars in a barbecue party! Whether you pair it with red wine or beer, well-cooked and well-flavored ribs are so heavenly they’ll surely make your day! So just to get your mood going (and your cravings too) let us share with you some useful tips when grilling baby back ribs!
1. When preparing the ribs, remove the membrane first. It’s a thin skin found on the bone side of the rack which is actually a tough barrier. Some people don’t even bother removing this part but if you want your ribs to turn out tender and flavorful, get rid of it. Also look for loose meat and remove them too because they will just dry out when grilled.
2. Rubbing your rack of ribs will make it yummier! Apply your favorite rub to its surface generously, ensuring that everything’s well-covered. Simply put, don’t leave any space spotless! The rub will be responsible for your ribs’ flavor so might as well give it all you can! However, you should be careful not to do this part too early. Otherwise, the spices will cure your meat and it’ll end up having a hammy instead of a smoky flavor!
3. Grilling baby back ribs requires a controlled cooking temperature which is 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t worry because this is possible with your La Caja China! With the help of our very own temperature gauge or thermometer, you can ensure that the heat level in your grilling box is consistent and accurate.
4. In some grills, ribs are cooked for 1 1/2hours. If you’re using La Caja China, you should keep it on one side for an hour then flip it over. Add another set of charcoal and let it cook until the temperature gauge reaches 225 degrees.
5. Once the meat is in its perfect tenderness, apply your choice of BBQ sauce or marinade and let it cook again for another 5 minutes. To make it even tastier, you can repeat this step 5 times but make sure that you’ll stay alert so as not to overcook your ribs.
6. Before serving your ribs, let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes first and carve it using a sharp knife.
We hope that you find these simple tips when grilling baby back ribs quite useful. Check out our articles for baby back ribs bbq instructions and visit our blog often for more bbq ribs recipe! If you don’t have a La Caja China magic box yet, visit our website now or call us at 1-800-338-1323 so we can show you the best bbq grills and smokers on sale!