Thanksgiving is just around the corner. What better way to spice up this momentous holiday celebration but to have a mouth-watering roasted turkey on your dinner table! With the help of a modern roaster such as La Caja China, you can serve a savory dish to your family! So the question is, “How to roast a turkey the easiest way?” Let these hassle-free steps guide you:
1. Make sure that your turkey is well-thawed before roasting.
2. Brine it in a solution comprised of 4 tablespoons of salt per quart of water. Remember that the turkey should be completely submerged.
3. Once it is ready for roasting, get your La Caja China ready and prep it up. If you’re roasting it whole, place it on top of the roaster breast down. If you want it split-up, secure it to the rack using the 4 S-hooks.
4. Pour in a cup of water in the drip tray. You may choose to add spices, beer or our very own Mojo Criollo sauce to make the meat more flavorful.
5. Place the turkey inside the box with the thermometer probe attached.
6. Position the ash pan and charcoal grid on top of the box.
7. Add the right amount of charcoal depending on the model of your La Caja China.
8. Spread the charcoal evenly as it heats up and let the turkey cook.
9. Remove the ash pan set and place it on top of the long handles after one hour. Turn the turkey on the other side and add more charcoal every hour until thetemperature reaches 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Check the temperature of the meat in the breast, outer thigh and inner thigh areas. If it’s at least 165 degrees, then it’s ready for serving!
Read and follow these instructions very carefully to be able to cook up the best roasted turkey using our amazing La Caja China roaster! You might want to take a look at our pig roasting box and B-B-Q grills to prepare for your Christmas Eve dinner! Meanwhile, to make sure that your meat turns out tender and evenly cooked, watch this short clip we found to learn how to tell if a turkey is done.